If you need a more accessible version of this website, click this button on the right. Switch to Accessible Site


You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.

Close [x]

Health Certificates

Health certificates can be simple or painfully frustrating, depending on where you plan to travel with your pet.   ALWAYS BE SURE TO CHECK WITH THE AIRLINE IN CASE THEY HAVE PROTOCOLS UNIQUE TO THEIR AIRLINE. 

Interstate travel (within the continental USA) is pretty straightforward.   Dr Sutton can provide you with a health certificate.  You are charged a fee in addition to the examination fee for the tedious paperwork that she will have to complete.

Dr Sutton will happily provide INTERSTATE health certificates.   International health certificates are often time sensitive, so be sure to plan ahead!

If you are planning on international travel wilth your pet, you may wish to continue reading.

Many Floridians like to take their pets to the Bahamas.  Requirements for Bahamas are:
1.  Client must obtain Import Permit
Phone Number for Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries is:   242-305-7502 or 7509
Mailing address:  P O Box N-3029, Nassau, Bahamas
Client must apply for Permit at least 4 weeks in advance.
2.  Health certificate must be completed with 48 hours of travel as the certificate is only valid for 48 hours for the Bahamas.
3.  USDA does not need to endorse certificate.

Other international destinations may be tricky.    The USDA health certificate for international travel can be viewed at   http://www.aphis.usda.gov/library/forms/pdf/APHIS7001.pdf     Unfortunately, many countries require their own paperwork.   If you are traveling to a rabies free country, they likely will require rabies titers and microchips.    Please look into health certificates well in advance of your planned travel as international health certificates need to be sent to the USDA for approval.